HOW TO MAKE SURE CHANNEL AKA GETS YOUR VIDEOS
1. We do not charge a fee to submit a video to AKA. However to ensure all videos get watched we do ask you submit via Fastrax, who will charge a small fee for doing so (they can also send to other music TV broadcasters). For information about their services visit http://www.fastrax.co.uk/Bookings/Default.aspx
2. We cannot guarantee that we can view any videos sent direct via email, youtube, ftp or any other medium.
3. If you want daytime play then explicit videos should be avoided where possible and should be edited before they are submitted as subsequent edits might cost time and money. We understand that urban videos often portray real life, but regulatory rules prevent us from broadcasting many subject matters during the day. Explicit lyrics, suggestive lyrics, smoking, drugs, alcohol, criminal acts, displays of sexuality or objectifying women should all be avoided if you wish your video to be played during the day. Explicit videos can only be played between 10pm and 5am and will substantially restrict the potential audience.
4. Once you have submitted the videos through Fastrax, you should then email AKA with details (firstname.lastname@example.org) – preferably with a brief artist biog, any buzz on the track, release dates and most importantly an accurate and complete lyric sheet.
5. Our playlist meetings are generally every Tuesday morning and all videos available on Fastrax will be watched
6. If we decide to playlist your video, we will request a transmission copy via Fastrax and they in turn will notify you of our request. Should edits be needed to make them suitable for transmission we will contact you directly – this will then be your responsibility to make these edits if you wish the video to be transmitted. A video submission form must be completed before broadcast.
7. We give no guarantee to playlist any videos submitted to AATW via Fastrax – they will be subject to our normal playlist review and criteria. We’ll do our best to give feedback on our decisions, however time restrictions may mean we’re unable to enter into detailed discussions! Hope you understand!